ABOUT PAGE ONE
The story of Page One begins in 1983, when a small shop with slanting shelves, stocking handpicked art and design books, opens in a shopping mall in Singapore. Day by day, and book by book, the small shop starts to build a loyal following and today, the small shop has evolved into a brand.
Since then, Page One has marked its presence with bookstores in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Page One is determined to continue its success story in even more countries.
While it began as a retail outfit, Page One has over the years also expanded in the areas of book publishing and distribution. In publishing, Page One builds its strength from the acquisition of rights and creation of original in-house titles, with a focus on art and design content. Page One Publishing has also brought its created titles to the West by selling territorial rights. These titles have been translated into as many as eleven different languages. As a distributor, Page One has established a strong network in Asia and the rest of the world, and hence is much sought after by international publishers for its strengths in distribution and logistics in the Asian region.
The aims of Page One as a book retailer, publisher and distributor are to establish the company as a global emporium specialising in the creation, acquisition, distribution and sale of international publications, focusing on cultural content with a contemporary character and a unique identity.
In the years to come, Page One hopes to bring its bookstores to the brightest international cities. Each of these bookstores will become centres where intellectual property, new titles, originations, translated works and cultural merchandise can be created and circulated, with Page One stores the gateways of knowledge and cultural exchange.
The big picture of Page One’s small story is simple: every book begins with Page One.
- To be Asia's leading book retailer and publishing house.
- This is measured by delivering sustainable shareholder value, maximizing customer satisfaction and being an employer of choice.
- To promote cultural understanding within Asia and bridge cultural differences between East and West through our publications and retail spaces.
- To provide knowledge through our publications.
- To innovate in book retailing and publishing.
- To have every household to own at least one book from Page One in each city where we have a presence.
- To create enjoyment in the things we do.
- To value-add in our daily tasks.
- To uphold honesty, strength and responsibility in all things we do.
- Others before self.